WHY SHOULD I BECOME A MEMBER OF THE PTA?
· Benefits your child and the school. Research has proven that kids do better in school when parents are involved. Grades are higher, test scores improve, and attendance increases.
· Connects you to a network. The PTA and its functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport, and discuss ideas.
· Means more informed parents. Parents involved in the PTA understand the challenges schools face and become part of the solution. They support improving education – both locally and legislatively – and as a result, schools develop a positive reputation in the community.
· Boosts children’s well-being. PTAs focus on what students need inn order to be successful in school, including the benefits of good nutrition and health, physical fitness, school safety – even starting the day with a nutritious breakfast.
· Gets you connected and gives you a voice. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school than by being part of the PTA. Because the PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions, and in this way, more effectively create change at your school.
· Improves your skills. By volunteering with the PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It’s an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a great cause!
· Results in school improvement. PTAs play an important role in fundraising, which provides building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events – all vital to a school’s success.
· Makes you a good role model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child(ren) the importance you place on education.