2012/13 Tour Information
Tours are for parents/guardians, though infants in a carrier or backpack are welcome. Please keep in mind, tours will visit classrooms and we want to be considerate to learning environments in the classrooms. We encourage small children to stay at home or at daycare.
The tour dates are as follows:
All tours will meet in the multi-purpose room. Someone will be at the door to direct visitors! To sign-up for a tour below, please select the preferred date, number of visitors and click on “Register”. Please note if a date is not available in the drop down registration list below, that session is full and no longer available.
In addition to taking a tour, you might consider connecting with other parents in the Crocker community to ask/answer questions.
1. Attend a monthly Crocker PTA meeting (see the calendar for the next meeting). Great place to meet other parents, get a feel for what goes on at our school and ask questions.
2. Check out our Facebook Page & Twitter Feed. Great place to ask questions of the community and get answers from parents and staff. “Like” us on Facebook or “Follow” us on Twitter to get updates on what’s going on at school.
The School Options Open Enrollment Program requires all students to submit an application to attend a school in the fall, even if it is their neighborhood school. The open enrollment period begins in December and usually ends in mid-January. Check the Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) website for specific dates.
Crocker Highlands does not admit students from our school site. All admission requests and questions should be directed to the OUSD Student Assignment Office (510-434-7790). They are located at 2111 International Blvd., Oakland 94606. If you have any question about the above information, please contact Beth Rhine at (510) 451-5900 or by email.
Kindergarten at Crocker
Click on the links below to get important information about kindergarten at our school. Crocker Highlands follows California state content standards covering English and language arts, mathematics, history and social science, science, music, and physical education.
Crocker Highlands Kindergarten Resources
- Kindergarten Homepage
- Kindergarten Handbook 2012/13
- Parents Guide to Starting Kindergarten (General Readiness Guide)
- One Page Readiness Guide
- Readiness Questionnaire
- Kindergarten Roundup Form
- Kindergarten Roundup Letter
- Kindergarten English Language Arts Content Standards
- Kindergarten Mathematics Content Standards
Crocker Highlands Kindergarten Teachers
For more information specific to each teacher, please see the links below.