Dear Crocker Families,
We are asking all parents/guardians to take a few minutes to complete the California Healthy Kids Survey, CHKS. It is an important source of information. Last year, we had only 32% percent of parents/guardians participate and we need to hear all of your voices! You can take the survey on-line by following the link and instructions below. If you prefer a paper version of the survey, you should be receiving one from your student’s teacher. Just fill it our and return to your teacher before February 28. There will also be extra copies in the office. California Healthy Kids Survey has been conducted at OUSD since 1998. It is a powerful tool to develop positive school climate. First, assessment brings awareness, followed by process of developing specific school strategies to bring about the care and support that we all need (parents, students and staff) to be successful.
Purpose: The information you provide will help guide district and school efforts to promote safety, improve learning supports, improve student achievement, and reduce health risks that stand as barriers to learning.
- This is a confidential survey. It is designed so that parents cannot be identified.
- Your participation is voluntary.
- All questions apply to this school only.
- The results are for the use of your school.
- Description: This survey obtains Parent perceptions of staff behavior and attitudes, school programs and policies, and the overall Community School Climate as they relate to student well-being and learning. It deals with how well the school is serving your child.
To access the survey, click on the link below:
And the school code is: HC72TG
Thank you! Beth Rhine