Hi everyone, welcome back to another exciting school year at Crocker Highlands. I wanted to send a quick message as I’ve noticed a number of recent sign-ups to the Yahoo Group with a request to stay up to date with what’s happening at school. There may be better options depending on what information you’re looking to receive and how you like to stay informed. With many new families joining us this year, I wanted to give a quick overview of the different channels for communication and information.
- Crocker Website – updated frequently with the latest information about school related events and topics. You can also find the most current school calendar with upcoming events. Please be aware events, times, details of events do change throughout the year. This online calendar is the best source of current event data. (Pro Tip: if you use Google Calendar or iCal, you can import the Crocker calendar directly into your calendar list and it’s always up to date) You’ll also find other links to great content like the Principal’s Blog, teacher websites, lunch menus, PTA information, photo galleries, afterschool programs, etc.
- Weekly Bulletin – email newsletter sent weekly with updates, events, reminders, etc. This is the easiest way to get an update delivered directly to your Inbox with what’s going on each week at school. Click on the link to subscribe or view past bulletins.
- Yahoo Group – email listserv, 500+ people made up of school staff, PTA, parents, community, etc. Used for timely communications from school staff, teachers and PTA members to the Crocker Parents and Community. Our ask…keep it relevant to school topics, don’t spam the list, don’t “reply all”. Subscription required, click on the link to sign-up.
- Crocker Facebook Page (Public) – If you like to stay up to date by using Facebook, we have you covered. We post a number of updates here, share pictures, encourage community discussion. Be sure to “Like” our page and join our virtual extension of the Crocker community.
- Crocker Twitter Page (Public) – If you like to stay up to date by using Twitter, we have you covered. You’ll find frequent updates to our twitter page, be sure to “Follow” us.
- Crocker Kindergarten Buddies Facebook Group (Private) - this private FB group was setup for Kindergarten parents (new and old) to ease the transition into Crocker. It’s a great place for new families to ask questions and share experiences. The Kindergarten teachers are also part of the group and you’ll find a tremendous amount of support and information shared in this group. To join, you have to click on the link and request access.
If you have comments or feedback for us on any of the above, we’d love to hear from you. Click on the “Feedback” link on the right side of the Crocker website or drop us an email at email@example.com.